This check can be used to create a list of pages that have an object element. DubBot natively screens to verify that alternative text is actually included for this type of element as recommended per WCAG.
This flag can be used to further curate a list to manually review that the provided alternative text is appropriate for the object being embedded.
Alternative text can be provided in one of three ways:
- As content between the object opening and closing tags
- As content in the title attribute of the object tag
- As content in the aria-label attribute of the object tag
- As content in another element where the element's id is referenced in the aria-labelledby attribute of the object tag
How to set it up:
- Set rule to “Flag pages that contains"
- Set Search by to: XPath
Note: this check does not indicate that there is something necessarily wrong with the object embed. This check should just be used to create a list of pages for reviewing the provided alternative content for the object field.